Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Parwal ki Mithai

Initially I wanted to name this post as "Dessert Disaster"! Thats because when I started making it, I had multiple failures. My knife was very wide so while I was suppose to make just a slit in parwal and remove the seeds, I ended up breaking every parwal in two!!! Then when I was preparing the filling, my khoya burned a bit- thanks to my DS. Still I decided to make this and take as best photo as  I could. When my DH came back from Germany, I happened to offer this sweet to him and to my surprise he liked it..and liked it so much that finished all in 24 hours!  I simply followed Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe for this. So if you want to make a better 'Parwal ka meetha' then please follow his recipe, which in short is as follows (my version of his recipe):

Ingredients:
6 Parwal
2 cup lime water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp chopped almonds
1 tsp chopped pistachios
1 tsp chopped cashews
1/2 cup khoya

Take 6 parwals. Peel them, slit them and remove seeds. And if you happen to break them into half, then thats fine too. Soak them in lime water for 4 hours. I used around 1/2 lemon in 2 cups of water. Drail parwal from lime water and boil them in plain water for 10 minutes. Drain the water from Parval. Now make 2 string sugar syrup using 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Boil parval in this syrup for 10 minutes and drain them. Put these parwal pieces in a nice looking plate. Now for stuffing, chop almonds, pistachios and cashews. In a pan, heat ghee and fry them. Now add 1/2 cup khoya and fry until pink. Add 1 tbsp sugar and cardamom powder. Put this stuffing carefully in parwal pieces and chill them in refrigerator.

And, here the the pretty pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment