Friday, October 15, 2010

Crispy spicy eggplant

Last week DH was not home so I was being lazy in cooking. I was cooking food for my infant DS and was eating the same stuff! One day I cooked daal-rice for both of us. I was frying some papad to eat with daal-rice and I realized that papad is to boring and I need something better to spice it up. I looked into my fridge and fresh small eggplants brought my Madhuri were lying there. Since my pan with oil was still hot so I quickly cut the eggplant in small rounds and fried it. And then made it spicy adding some masalas. If you are watching calories then this is not for you since it is fried eggplant. But I would say that its okay to forget calories once in a while, especially when the final result is so crispy, spicy and mouth watering! So here is the simple recipe:

Ingredients:
4-5 small eggplants (cut in rounds)
oil for frying
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
4-5 whole red chilies
1/2 inch tamarind soaked.

Fry eggplants in a pan with hot oil and keep them in a tissue paper so that the extra oil is absorbed.
In another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. When oil is hot add whole red chilies and ginger garlic paste. Now add salt and fried eggplants. Saute them for few minutes and then add soaked tamarind and saute it for few more minutes. Serve hot with roti or rice.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Poonam
    Thank you very much for visiting my blog and for your appreciations.
    I like brinjal in its all form. I like this dish , the use of fried garlic , must try soon.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete