Thursday, August 26, 2010

Falooda Shake

This requires lot of preparation in advance. But for the final taste, I bet its worth it! No time wasting, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 tbsp tukmaria seeds (you can get it in any Indian grocery store)
A handful of falooda sev (basically corn starch noodles)
Rooh Afza
1 lt homogenized milk
Falooda Kulfi
2 tbsp sugar
1 lt water to boil the falooda sev

Soak Tukmaria seeds in water for 3-4 hours. Refrigerate it. Boil falooda sev with water  until they are soft. Drain remaining water.  Put the sev in Ice-water in refrigerator for few hours.
Mix sugar in milk and boil milk. Let it remain on medium heat until it becomes half of its original quantity. Keep stirring occasionally. It will take about an hour. Refrigerate this milk for few hours.
Make kulfi as per my falooda kulfi instructions. When you have to prepare shake, do the following:
Take a fancy glass. Put 1 tbsp Rooh-afza. Add 1/3rd of milk. Add some falooda sev and some soaked tukmaria seeds.  Now add 2 tbsp kulfi. Serve chilled.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Poonam... you have a nice blog and i see many favorite recipes here.
    Have you ever tried home made falooda sev ?
    It's there on my blog if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sangeeta. I absolutely love your food blog Banaras ka khana.....I am from Bareilly and I really miss our North Indian food here in Canada. I will certainly look for the falooda sev recipe in your blog. I have a 11 month old son so I many times go by short cuts:)

    ReplyDelete