Friday, June 11, 2010

Sabudana vada

I have fond memories of eating Sabudana vada everytime going from Mumbai to Pune. They used to serve it with white delicious chutney. This weekend I made sabudana vada for breakfast. Its a very easy yet delicious breakfast. Here is what you will need:

1 cup sabudana (soak it in little water overnight)
1 big potato, boiled
1/2 cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
little bit chopped cilantro
2-3 green chili chopped
salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
oil to fry

Heat oil in a pan. In the meantime add all the above ingredients in a big bowl and mix them well. Make vadas around 3 inches in diameter. When oil is hot, fry them crisp. Vadas are ready.

I served them with peanut chutney. I put roasted peanuts, coconut flakes, green chilli, salt, turmeric in a grinder and grinded it. Then I tempered it with hing, mustard seeds and curry leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment